Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Mismatched Eyes

I didn't get Chapter 4 of A Cup of Conflict done prior to the cataract surgery on my right eye last Wednesday. Nor did I get my Christmas short story done either. And a private invitation to submit to an anthology had to be set aside as well.

 Unfortunately, I'm not getting much done in regards to writing or publishing this week. The visual acuity of my eyes is severely mismatched at the moment, resulting in double vision. It means I can't stay on my laptop more than a few minutes at a time. That problem will remain until I get my bionic left eye next Wednesday. So, by New Year's, fingers crossed, I'll be able to resume writing and editing.

The really sucky thing is I can't drive the week before Christmas. Thankfully, most errands have been run, and online ordering and delivery exists! On the other hand, DH has to drive me to my follow-ups with the eye surgeon and other end-of-the-year medical appointments.

I really don't like turning into one of those helpless little old ladies. Not that I will ever be little. LOL However, it's nice to hear the surgical nurse say I'm too young to be having cataract surgery.

Thank you to everyone who has bought and enjoyed my books. And to all my readers, I wish you a joyous holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment