Monday, October 14, 2024

October Is Breat Cancer Awareness Month

I normally just post this over at Wild, Wicked & Wacky, but enough people are reading this blog now that I want to make sure as many people as possible hear the message.

As a breast cancer survivor who discovered her cancer during a self-check, I believe in self-examinations. You know your own body better than anyone else. So don't be afraid to check your own breasts, and report anything unusual to your doctor. Early detection is the key to surviving almost any type of cancer. So I try to post this video every year.

And guys, don't think you're immune. Breast cancer can occur in men, too. It did in my family. Plus, Mike & Molly's 100th episode titled "Mike Check" deals sensitively with the concept when Mike's doctor finds something unusual in his chest.


No comments:

Post a Comment