Friday, January 1, 2021

A Brand New Start

Last night was quietest New Year's Eve we spent in a long time. No parties. No fancy foods. DH, GK, and I spent the day cleaning out the apartment. It's hard to believe we spent six years there.

So we picked up fast food on the way home. Arby's classic cheddar and beef with Horsey sauce and an Andes mint chocolate milkshake for me if you're curious. I was exhausted and planted my ass on my recliner and tried to write. Despite doing a couple of sprints with some friends also trying to get words in, I gave up and watched TBBT reruns until the news and Stephen Colbert came on. DH and I toasted with diet soda and water at midnight. He limped back to his office to place computer games while I did some formatting during the rest of Colbert and James Corden.

So yeah. It was fairly uneventful.

I'd gone into 2020 with so much excitement. I was writing on a regular basis again. I was healthy enough to travel. I had a couple of writing workshops lined up to attend.

I had a lovely time at the first workshop in February. I planned to take my best friend to a Cher concert in Vegas, only to have it cancelled at the last minute because Cher got sick. We made up for it with an awesome Drag Brunch at Senor Frog's.

But during my layover in St. Louis on the way home, the newscast said COVID-19 was devastating Seattle and New York. The first known death from the disease was announced. I self-quarantined when I got home.

Just in case.

But I'm entering 2021 cautiously optimistic. Vaccines are being produced. A stand-alone Starbucks is about to open in town. I surprisingly made a few more bucks than last year. And I can't wait to get started on a new series.

I hope all of you have a peaceful and healthy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment