On the plus side, I finished the first draft of Seasons of Magick: Autumn last night. I've sent the master JPG to my delightful cover artist for her wizardry. I'll let the draft sit a few days, then do my editing passes this weekend before sending it to my editor and a critique partner for a review.
I'm finding the more I write and plot, the better the first drafts are getting. This means less work for both me and my editor on the backside.
On the minus side, I still don't have the final prop I ordered for the cover shoot of Amish, Vamps & Thieves. Therein lies the joy of running your own company when something like this happens. I can't get mad because I knew an Amish-made item was going to take some time when I ordered it back in January. But Spring is upon us, and it's been in the high seventies/low eighties up north, which means these folks are out in their gardens planting peas and potatoes. If my prop doesn't come soon, it won't make it here until next fall. (I grew up on a farm. I know how much work happens between spring and winter WITH the convenience of modern equipment.)
In the meantime, DH and I brainstormed some new ideas for the cover, none of which matches the original vision. So I'll focus on writing and keep my fingers crossed that the prop shows up in the next couple of weeks before I resort to Plan B.