Friday, June 3, 2016

An Apology to Nook Users

I'd planned a much more positive post today, but certain things degenerated this week faster than I anticipated.

First of all, my sincere apologies to my readers who use Barnes & Noble to buy ebooks. Over the weekend, they failed to pay not just my royalties due, but several hundred other indie writers that I know of. Further, they waited over sixty hours before issuing any kind of a statement or explanation. Unfortunately, this isn't the first time I've had a problem with them.

When a company starts paying its vendors late, it's a clear sign that the company is in trouble. As I said, this isn't the first time. As a result, I pulled my books from Barnes & Noble yesterday.

For those of you who prefer the EPUB format, I'm looking into alternative ways/retailers for you to purchase my books in that format.

Again, I apologize for the lack of notice, but this is my career. My livelihood. I needed to cut my losses before things became worse. If you have any questions, post them in comments, or you can contact me privately.

Thank you for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment