Monday, August 17, 2026

Woo-hoo! Another Book Drafted!

I finished the first draft of Death Goddess Redeeming yesterday amid a full day of thunderstorms and sunshine.

Yes, Ohio's weather is weird. As the old-timers say, "Don't like the current weather? Wait five minutes."

I've started on Death Goddess Rising, and I hope to make significant progress while DH is at the Buick Nationals this week. The freezer is stocked with frozen pizza and ice cream. There's plenty of Pepsi Zero in the utility room. And when I need a break, I'll unpack a box of books in the library.

Yep, we've even made progress on cleaning out the storage unit!

Today, the surveys for The Books of Apep Kickstarter campaign will go out. This time, I'm putting a deadline on the dang things. I generally do shorter campaigns, plus backers have already paid for their books, so there's no reason for backers to forget to send me their e-mail addresses and/or snail mail addresses so I can get their goods to them.

But alas, someone's notice always seems to slip through the cracks.

During my rare moments of free time, I've been toying with a science fiction world I developed during a Space Opera class last year. There's a few things I need to fix in the original story, and there's some art I've picked out for the cover. Surprisingly, I came up with a Christmas story idea set in that universe. It's a little weird--think of an Orville version of DS9 or Bab 5. Let's just say the original story involves singing trees and a cloned wolverine.

Seriously, people are going to love these stories or hate them.

I'm making progress and having fun. What more can I ask from life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment