I've got two deadlines on September 30th. One is delivering books for The Books of Apep Kickstarter campaign to my lovely backers. The other is having everything out of our storage unit.
Speaking of The Books of Apep, the four novels and the short story have been listed on the series page. I'm slowly getting preorders uploaded to the various retailers and updating the links on the page, too. Death Goddess Walking (The Books of Apep #1) will drop to the public on November 15, 2026. The rest will come out in 2027.
Why won't I release Book 2 in December? Because I swear everyone in the U.S. goes crazy in December. I did retail work long enough that my fellow staff members and I had some nicknames, the nicest of which was New Hallowthanksmas. But yes, people are scattered and distracted, and the only thing I release are holiday stories with happy endings at the beginning of the month of December.
Anyway, once The Books of Apep are put to book, I can go back to A Sprout of Wild.
As for getting the storage unit emptied, the goal is twofold. First, we're spending nearly $100 a month storing crap we do not need anymore. And I have to face facts--GK is never going to fit in the adorable Winnie the Pooh onesie again, nor will I have any more children.
Second, I refuse to turn into my parents and in-laws. There's something about the Silent Generation where they CANNOT throw anything away. Part of me understands. They grew up in a world where scarcity was a problem and things had to be fixed or you did without.
But after going through four fucking years of snail mail my FIL had piled around the first floor of his HUGE Victorian?
Noppity-nope-nope! I'm not doing that to my son!
So both the recycling and the trash bins have been very full the last two weeks. And I'm beginning to love the Gen Z minimalist approach!
If I get a breather between now and October 1st, I'll post a chapter or two of A Sprout of Wild.
Until then enjoy some glorious late summer weather, and make sure you're registered to vote!

No comments:
Post a Comment