Wednesday, April 6, 2022

What a Kickstarter Ride!

The Soccer Moms of the Apocalypse campaign on Kickstarter ended last night with 237 backers pledging $7,639. Yep, that $7K more than my original goal of $600!

For everybody who contributed, THANK YOU SO MUCH! (Yes, I'm shouting. I've also been happy dancing around the house.)

I've had to place orders for additional amounts of physical reward items. I assumed 50-100 backers based on my mailing list and social media reach. My initial planning didn't take into account all the additional backers from Brandon Sanderson's promotion of my Kickstarter. I've already been in contact with one of the backers who pledged for the "Name a Character" package. I need to contact the other two folks this afternoon.

So far things are running fairly smoothly. My biggest worry is we'll have another paper shortage when it comes time to print the trade paperbacks.

For those of you who want to purchase Soccer Moms of the Apocalypse, I've started entering the pre-order information on the retail websites. I'll update the Soccer Moms series page as links go live.

In the meantime, I need to write, write, write as I wait for my packages to arrive!

Next week, I'll go back to my regular format--posting sample chapters from A Measure of Knowledge.

Until then, take care and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment