Wednesday, December 27, 2017

2017 Status Report

If you take a peek at my word count for A Modicum of Truth, you'll see I blew past my original goal of 80K words. No, it's not quite done yet, but the good news is I only have three scenes left to finish. The bad news is it won't be out in 2017 as I promised.

Yes, I feel terrible about it. Yes, I've seen y'all peeking in at the Justice Series main page. But, I am trying to finish it. You can ask my family. No pies or cookies for Christmas, and they all received gift cards and t-shirts.

Except for DH. He got a new phone, but only because his old one made a rabbit-like squeal and collapsed at 4:00 p.m. EST on December 22nd. All his attempts to resuscitate where unsuccessful. Time of death was called at 6:32 p.m. EST.

And with half of his staff out on vacation, DH really needed to have a mobile phone. So we rushed over to the AT&T store before it closed at 8 p.m.

The whole episode was rather amusing. We take turns over who gets the REALLY expensive gift for the year, and this year was DH's turn. First, he wanted a new phone. Then, he wanted a large-screen TV. Finally, it was a new laptop.

And all of my budgeting got shot to hell when first, my car was rear-ended, then Genius Kid's car broke down, and finally, thanks to the stupid tax bill, we needed to pay some expenses in 2017 that we wouldn't be allowed to write off next year.

So in the end, I had to dip into our savings to buy DH a fairly necessary item.

Yeah, it's little things like those that really screw with my daily schedule.

New year! New focus! Right?

Right!

Here's to a fruitful 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment