Monday, December 3, 2018

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Post

Remember how I promised a new Justice tale starring Anthea and Penelope's predecessor Thalia for the free December short story?

Well, it was a story that I submitted, but had been rejected months ago. Not because there was anything wrong with it. I really think the editor flipped a coin on several of the selections, and that's okay. From an editor/publisher standpoint, an overabundance of excellent stories can be a curse as you try to decide what to include.

So out of the blue, I got an e-mail from the editor, asking if that story was still available and they would like to see it again if I hadn't sold it elsewhere.

Hell, yeah, you can see it! I mean, any potential sale is a cause for celebration for a writer.

But I'd promised you all a story from a specific series starring a specific character. And by gum, that's what I'm going to do! It'll just be a couple of days late.

Finishing "Murder Most Fowl" is my priority this week, and it should be posted Friday at the latest.

Thank you once again for your patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment